When I made a Facebook for my blog, I wasn’t so sure how it would work out. I knew what I hoped to get out of it: a better way to connect with readers and other bloggers, a way to open up a conversation, and to get to know others in the foodie community better. And boy, is that exactly what happened! I’ve loved being able to get to know all of you a little better, to hear your stories and your adventures and now, I thought it might be fun to share a little bit of my personal life with all of you. If you guys enjoy this, I’ll make it a monthly thing, but in the meantime, here’s my 2013 in photos!
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Blowing kisses with my husband into 2014
2. This summer my Mum finally came to visit me in Norway! Here she is in front of Norway’s 3rd largest glacier, just right outside of the town I live in
3. Some of my best friends from Norway took a vacation of with us to the US. We ended up learning to surf off the coast of Oregon (and we were mostly terrible at it… except Trond)
4. My parents are so sweet, and sent me multiple American “care-packages” throughout the year with my favorite goodies from home!
5. There are few things I cherish more than our yearly trip back to the US. I love getting those 5 weeks with my family!
6. And not only did my Mum come visit me in Norway this year, but also my best friend, Maddie!
7. Sometimes I just have to step back and soak in the fact that I live in a truly beautiful place
8. Friend nights! I am SO glad for all of the evenings I was able to get together with friends and drink coffee, eat baked goods, or play games. Here I’m introducing the Norwegians to Jenga, and apparently demoralizing them… America: 1 Norway: 0
9. During our vacation to the US, I convinced my friends to try one of those old-time photo places. They were not disappointed!
10. 2013 was full of blog milestones for me! Honestly, I never thought anyone but my Mum and maybe a few friends would read this! I’m astonished and humbled by it everyday
11. When winter hits in Norway, it hits… Can you find the car?
12. A view over the my little Norwegian town
13. I had SO much fun getting to play tour guide to my best friend here in Norway!
14. In addition to the surfing and old-time photos, my Pappo suggested we take the guys on a white water rafting trip. Just look at those faces!
15. Believe it or not, we have quite a lovely summer here in Western Norway. And my mother-in-law has the perfect patio for enjoying it!
16. Hiking in Central Oregon with my family and Norwegian friends was a blast!
2013 was a good year!