Aren’t the simple things just the best? And I mean best because they’re tasty AND easy. If that sounds like something you like, then let me introduce you to my friend: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Ice Cream.
This little guy right here is the best of both worlds: all the deliciousness of pineapple upside down cake without all the work. Seriously, it’s just whip, fold, and freeze your way to a wonderful world of cool deliciousness.
And this ice cream isn’t modeled after just any ol’ pineapple upside down cake. Oh, no. THIS is based on my Mum’s legendary, yes LEGENDARY, cake. She makes THE BEST pineapple upside down cake with just a hint of spice, and tons of melt-in-your-mouth, syrupy goodness (maybe a recipe for another day?). And that’s exactly how this ice cream tastes. <– Like childhood and summer days
Even better: it’s no churn. Easy, peasy put it in a loaf pan and freeze it ice cream. This is the sort of decadent treat you can whip up, put in your freezer, and come home to after work. Just like a boyfriend. The BEST kind of boyfriend… cool, sweet, and totally down with those sweatpants you love.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. butter (or butter vanilla) emulsion
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add the sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, and butter emulsion, and continue beating until the mixture returns to holding stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the crushed pineapple and maraschino cherries. Pour the ice cream into a large loaf pan and allow to freeze overnight (or for at least 7-8 hours).