Pineapple Upside Down Cake Ice Cream
This easy, no-churn ice cream is a chilly take on the classic pineapple upside down cake: A butter ice cream base swirled with bits of cherry and pineapple
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours
- Yield: 3 pints 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. butter (or butter vanilla) emulsion
- 1 cup pound cake, cubed
- 1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, and butter emulsion, and continue beating until the mixture returns to holding stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the crushed pineapple, pieces of pound cake and maraschino cherries.
- Pour the ice cream into a large loaf pan and allow to freeze overnight (or for at least 7-8 hours).
- If you’re looking to cut calories, sugars or fats, feel free to use fat-free, light or low sugar condensed milk in place of the regular variety.
- Dairy-free version: Don’t do dairy? No problem! Simply substitute full-fat coconut milk and vegan condensed milk for the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Full instructions for a dairy-free, vegan ice cream base can be found here.
- Storage and shelf-life: This ice cream can stored in an airtight container in your freezer for up to six weeks.
Adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 19.5g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Fiber: .3g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
Keywords: pineapple upside down cake recipe, no-churn ice cream, pineapple upside down cake ice cream