Today on the blog – breakfast level: RIDICULOUS. That’s right, we just went all caps on this one. If that doesn’t tell you this dish is serious business, I don’t know what will.
And by serious business, I mean seriously delicious… business.
We’re talking light, fluffy pancakes… Rich espresso and brandy infused mascapone… A little (or a lot. I won’t judge.) dark chocolate syrup.
THIS is the stuff brunch dreams are made of.
No lines, no waiting, no dealing with gigantic brunch crowds… Just you in the comfort of your own home with this drool-worthy dish all to yourself. It’s ok, it can be our little secret.
Just as I may or may not have eaten all 12 of these by myself in one gloriously giant stack… We’ll never know ’cause I’m certainly not telling.Print
For the pancakes:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 8 oz mascapone, at room temp.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp brandy
- Your favorite chocolate sauce
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter and eggs. Add the milk and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining ingredients for the pancakes, whisking until the batter is lump-free. Pour the batter into a hot non-stick pan or griddle, cooking until golden brown on each side.
- In another bowl, combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar and espresso powder and whip until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat the mascapone until smooth. Add the whipping cream and brandy, and fold together until combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the mascapone filling between each layer of the cooled pancakes and top with a big scoop of the filling and chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.