Sweet Potato Ice Cream
This no-churn sweet potato ice cream has a swirled sweet potato and vanilla ice cream base peppered with toasted marshmallows. Move over pumpkin. Hello sweet potato!
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours
- Yield: 3 pints 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (15oz) can sweet potato puree
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup toasted mini marshmallows
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, and continue beating until mixture returns to holding stiff peaks.
- Pour half of the ice cream base into a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the sweet potato puree, cinnamon, and ginger until completely combined.
- Pour the ice cream into a parchment paper lined loaf pan, alternating between the vanilla and sweet potato ice cream, sprinkling in toasted marshmallow as you go.
- Allow to set over night.
- Toasting the marshmallows: To toast the marshmallows you can either use a chef’s torch or the broiler in your oven. If you do the latter, just be sure to watch them closely.
- If you’re looking to cut calories, sugars or fats, feel free to use fat-free, light or low sugar condensed milk in place of the regular variety.
- Dairy-free version: Don’t do dairy? No problem! Simply substitute full-fat coconut milk and vegan condensed milk for the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Full instructions for a dairy-free, vegan ice cream base can be found here.
- Storage and shelf-life: This ice cream can stored in an airtight container in your freezer for up to six weeks.
Adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 20.3g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4g
- Fiber: .7g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
Keywords: sweet potato ice cream, ice cream recipe, no churn ice cream