Anyone else’s brain in full on fall mode? I looked out the window this morning, and I shit you not, the tops of the trees were red. I almost, quite literally, spit out my coffee. Has my forever favorite season chosen to grace us with it’s presence so early? Yes, this is the only logical conclusion.
It’s not the trees being under-watered or any of that nonsense.
Nope. Fall is here. I’ve decided.
And with a serious case of fall-on-the-brain, the doctor’s orders are pretty clear: it’s time for pumpkin EVERYTHING. You can call me basic. I don’t even care. Time to break out the sweaters, the pumpkin pie and colorful fall leaves.
Is it too early for Halloween decor? You know, asking for a friend…
But in the meantime, let’s get this pumpkin show on the road! Starting with these breakfast-level-ridiculous pumpkin cheesecake pancakes! These pumpkin pancakes are layered with sweet cream cheese filling and topped with hazelnuts and maple syrups. So… fall… please get in my belly!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes
THIS is the breakfast fall dreams are made of! It has moist pumpkin pancakes filled with a sweet cheesecake filling topped with coarsely chopped hazelnuts and a light drizzle of maple syrup. This is exactly what your fall morning needs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
For the pumpkin pancakes:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can (approx. 3/4 cup) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Optional: coarsely chopped nuts
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter and eggs. Add the milk, sugar and pumpkin puree and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining ingredients for the pancakes, whisking until the batter is lump-free. Pour the batter into a hot non-stick pan or griddle, cooking until golden brown on each side.
- In small bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. In a larger bowl, cream the cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, sour cream, whipping cream and vanilla extract and whip until smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of the cheesecake filling between each layer of the cooled pancakes and top with a big scoop of the filling and maple syrup. Optional garnish: coarsely chopped nuts like walnuts or hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake + filling
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 14.1g
- Sodium: 84mg
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
- Carbohydrates: 20.7g
- Fiber: .8g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 51mg