- To get equal amounts of dough in each color, I recommend weighing them. Each piece should be approximately 8.4 oz.
- Don’t skip or shorten those refrigeration times! This dough needs that time to become firm enough to be workable.
- Once you’ve stacked your layers of colored dough, gently go over them with a rolling pin to make sure the layers stick together.
- To make sure you have a perfect swirl, trim the edges of your dough once they’re stacked and stuck together. A pizza cutter works well for this.
- The best tasting sugar cookies are the kind that are taken out just before they start to brown. You can tell they’re done when the tops are no longer shiny.
- Storage: These cookies will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Freezing: Alternatively, you can store these cookies in the freezer for up to 3 months. Simply stack them in layers separated by wax paper and seal them in an airtight container.
Sugar cookie recipe adapted from Make Bake Celebrate