- Adding the sugar syrup with the mixer on high: It's important that the stand mixer is on high when the syrup is added, otherwise you may end up with chunks of cooked egg white in your filling rather than smooth, cooked marshmallow. To keep hot splatter from spraying out of the bowl, make sure to add the syrup as a stream down the inside of the bowl.
- Filling that piping bag like a pro: Spoon your marshmallow filling onto a large piece of plastic wrap, roll and twist the ends. Trim one end so there’s about ½” in length, drop your frosting into the piping bag (short end first) with the tip already on and pipe!
- Keep your kitchen equipment/utensils free of water when melting the chocolate. Getting water in the melting/melted chocolate will cause it to seize.
- Don’t have a double boiler? You can melt your chocolate in the microwave using 10 second increments. Just be careful, it’s very easy to over-cook chocolate this way.
- Storage: Kokosboller can be kept in an air tight container in your refrigerator for about 1-2 weeks.
Recipe adapted from Trines Matblogg