GUYS. Put down that carton of store bought ice cream. Seriously, stick a spoon in it, call it done, and just back away.
I know, normally I wouldn’t jump between a person and their ice cream, but I have something SO much better! Sorry, not healthy better, just make-you-drool-on-your-keyboard-a-little-bit better. Those taste buds are going to thank me later, I promise.
Best of all, this recipe combines a few of my favorite things: s’mores, ice cream, s’mores, easy to make recipe… did I mention s’mores??
Ok, we’ll just call it like it is: I may have a tinsy, tiny obsession with s’mores. Can you blame me??
Plus, no hours of baking required. It’s just too hot… ain’t nobody want to turn that oven on! I know, you’re probably thinking “Hot? In Norway? No way!” Well, way. I’m finally able to comfortably break out my shorts and tank tops, I have a tan (A. TAN.), and we’re seriously considering investing in our first floor fan EVER. Summer just got serious.
We still haven’t gotten that floor fan, but I did make this ice cream… and that’s kind of the same thing, right?Print
S’more Ice Cream
Cool down those hot summer days with this easy s’more ice cream!
- Yield: 3 pints
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 can (14oz/400ml) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 bar (3.5oz/100 grams) dark chocolate
- 5 large or 20 small marshmallows
- 2 sheets of graham crackers
- Spread your marshmallows (cut into quarters if you’re using the large ones) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Toast them under the broiler of your oven until browned. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract and continue beating until your ice cream base holds stiff peaks again.
- In a small bowl, cut up and melt your bar of chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Spoon half of your ice cream base into a large loaf pan and drizzle with half of the melted chocolate and half of the toasted marshmallows. Repeat with the other half of your ingredients. Sprinkle with crushed pieces of graham crackers.
- Allow the ice cream to freeze overnight before serving. For some extra crunch, add some crushed graham crackers right before serving.
Ice cream recipe adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking