Oh, why, hello there! Looooooooong time, no see, I know. Mainly because… well… life.
Let’s see… between now and the last time we talked, I took a vacation, landed an awesome new job, and moved. All that in UNDER a month. Let’s just say, the stress has been high with this one.
But in moving, I’ve landed just a few blocks from an AWESOME grocery store. We’re talking the kind of place where I’m pretty sure there should be a choir of angels singing as you enter (<–Does this make me a food nerd? Because I’m pretty sure I’m ok with that).
Seriously boys and girls, this place has produce I didn’t even know existed! It has so many fun looking fruits and veggies that my refrigerator is starting to look like an adult refrigerator (i.e. There’s now a higher ratio of fruits and veggies to take-out cartons and wine). Adulting for the win.
But despite my little blog hiatus, don’t think the wheels in my brain haven’t been turning with ideas.
I see you coming into season, peaches. My cool little grocery story is just teeming with you. Even strange little disc versions of you that probably don’t taste any different but that I’m obviously still going to pay, like, a dollar extra for because I need to know… Do you taste different? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW.
But let’s be honest, these peach doughnuts aren’t just an excuse to buy (and then eat) some delicious peaches in an even more delicious doughnuty form (not that you really need anymore reason than that). I’m also using them as an excuse to do some more colorfully swirled glazed doughnuts like the ones I made for the 4th of July. Your life needs more brightly glazed doughnuts, yes?Print
Make the most of peach season with these easy, baked peach doughnuts.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: about 10
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
For the peach doughnuts:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup (about 1/2 of a large peach) peach puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. milk
- To make the doughnuts, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda) in a large bowl and whisk until well mixed. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (butter, egg, milk, and peach puree). Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until the mixture is completely lump free.
- Pour (or pipe) the batter into greased doughnut pans and bake at 350F/175C for 9-10 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the doughnuts comes out clean).
- Once the pan is cool enough to handle (about 5 minutes), invert the pan over a cooling rack and gently shake the pan until the doughnuts come out.
- To make the glaze, beat together the powdered sugar and milk until a thick glaze forms. Divide the glaze into however many colors you want, and tint them various shades of peach. Spoon a little bit of each color onto a plate and swirl. Dip your cooled doughnuts into the glaze, allowing the excess to drip off. Add more glaze to the plate as needed. For a video tutorial on glazing the doughnuts, check out this post.
- Allow the glaze to harden before packing. Best served the same day.
- Serving Size: 1 doughnut
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 26.1g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 24mg