I have 4 words for you: Chocolate stout ice cream. Or one word depending on how excited you are when you say it. CHOCOLATESTOUTICECREAM! Clearly I 100% buy into the idea of screaming for ice cream.
Now, I know ice cream in January… in the dead of winter… may sound like total crazy talk. But 1. I like to live dangerously and 2. this ice cream is SO worth it.
Dark, rich and deep (in it’s chocolaty-ness)…
Sweet in all the right places…
Warm and slightly boozy in all the right ways…
And ever so slightly nutty…
Yes, this ice cream is the perfect boyfriend of the ice cream world. So feel free to don some sweat pants, let that hair down, and curl up on the couch with this sweet little number for a cozy night in. I bet he’ll even let you have the remote. 😉
No-Churn Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
This no-churn chocolate stout ice cream features a rich, chocolate ice cream base with a salty, sweet and boozy kick!
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours
- Yield: 3 pints 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup special dark chocolate cocoa
- 6 tbsp. stout
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cinnamon roasted almonds (or another sort of salty sweet nut)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa, and continue whipping until the ice cream is light and fluffy, and holds stiff peaks. Gently fold in the stout, chocolate and almonds, leaving a little chocolate and almonds for garnishing.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon the ice cream mixture into it. Drizzle with the remaining chocolate and almonds.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer and allow to freeze overnight or for 6-8 hours.
Adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 22.2g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Fat: 17.3g
- Saturated Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 30.4g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 39mg