Well hello there my foodie friends! Today we’re talking food blogging! If blogging isn’t your cup of tea and your just here for food and the recipes, come back Tuesday. I promise I’ll have some super deliciousness in store for you (really, scout’s honor!).
For the rest of you, pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of coffee, and let’s get at it! So, you write a food blog. First off, virtual high five for that (let’s face it, you’re pretty awesome)! But, back to the topic at hand… Sometimes, no matter how much you love what you do, it can be hard to come up with material. Sometimes you just hit the proverbial wall that is writer’s block, where you find yourself staring at your computer for hours and you just got nothing. Not a single idea.
Bleh. I know how you feel. You’re just sitting there thinking “Brain! Why you no have food blog ideas?!”
Well food bloggy friends, this is for you. Over 25 ideas to inspire your next post and fend off writer’s block! You can even download the free printable version here to tuck away for later! Just ’cause I love your faces.
- Write a seasonal post/recipe
- Share your favorite food blog sites
- Replicate a recipe and write about the experience/outcome
- Share the cookbooks you’re crushing on at the moment
- Share a quick baking/cooking tip
- Try a difficult recipe/technique you’ve always wanted to try and write about it
- Write a recipe round up (with proper permissions and credits, of course)
- Review a local restaurant/bakery
- Write a post about your baking/cooking essentials
- Create a recipe series based on a single ingredient
- Review a cookbook
- Collaborate with another food blogger on a recipe or series of recipes
- Bake or cook with a family member or friend and blog about it
- Interview a fellow blogger, baker, or cook
- Write a post about why you love to cook/bake
- Recreate a recipe from Pinterest and review it
- Write about your favorite childhood recipe and why it was your favorite (be sure to include the recipe)
- Create a recipe with an unusual or exotic ingredient
- Make a recipe 100% from scratch (no pre-fab ingredients)
- Try making a foreign dish
- Take a cooking class and blog about the experience
- Collaborate with another food blogger by making each other’s signature dish (or style of dish)
- Perfect a recipe (for example, the perfect cupcake/cake/etc.)
- Participate in a food challenge or charity event and write about it
- Present a recipe in a different format than you usually do (video, GIF, etc.)
- Create a food challenge of your own
Help another foodie out and leave your blog post ideas in the comments below!